Marine Solar Panels in Harrison Twp, MI
The sun is a reliable source of free energy, particularly in the marine environment, so why not use it to your advantage? Imagine Marine is your one-stop shop for all of your solar energy needs. We proudly offer only the highest quality, marine-grade solar panels, solar chargers, and installation hardware for a variety of applications.
If you are considering installing solar panels on your boat, here are the answers to some questions you may have.
What are the Advantages of Marine Solar Panels?
There are several advantages to installing solar panels on your boat. Here are just a few:
- Energy efficiency
- Quiet operation
- Low maintenance
- Saves on fuel costs
- Extends battery life
- Safely charges your battery while you are away
- Reduces strain on your engine and generator
What Types of Solar Panels are Available?
The type of solar panel you choose will depend on several factors, including cost, where it will be placed on your boat, available space, and power requirements. There are three basic types of solar panels available on the market today.
- Lightweight, semi-flexible solar panels are well-suited to placement on canvas biminis and can be secured with zippers, grommets, or Velcro for easy installation and removal when not in use.
- Rugged, non-skid, semi-flexible solar panels are available for walk-on applications, such as on the deck of your boat. (Yes, you can actually walk on some of the durable marine solar panels we offer).
- Aluminum-framed glass solar panels can work well on flat or rigid surfaces such as railings and davits but are not suitable for all applications and are not intended to be walked on.
Aren’t marine solar panels expensive?
Marine solar panels may be less expensive than you think when you consider the energy savings you’ll enjoy, as well as the tax-advantages they offer.
The federal government currently allows a tax credit of up to 30% of the cost of solar panel systems installed on residences. As long as your boat has a head and a galley and is docked in the United States, it qualifies as a “second home” and is eligible for the credit. The system must be installed by December 31, 2019 to qualify for the full 30% tax credit. The credit starts to phase out after that and expires at the end of 2021, so the sooner you install your solar panels, the greater your tax savings.
Why Choose Imagine Marine for solar panel installation on my boat?
Imagine Marine can help you select the most appropriate type, size, and configuration of solar panels for your particular application. We use only the highest quality marine-grade solar panels, chargers, and installation hardware from the most reputable manufacturers. Our skilled staff will make sure your system is installed with meticulous attention to detail and that you are completely satisfied with the finished product.